Molokai, Hawaii - Guesthouse & Cottage
Relax in another world, in another time, in the real Hawaii!
A comfortable guest house & unique round cottage with spectacular forest views.
- Two guestrooms in the main house plus a two-room cottage built on stone pillars & accessed
by a bridge from the guesthouse with an incredible view of the surrounding forest.
- Each guestroom shares a full bathroom. The Kukui Room has a king sized bed and the Lehua Room has a double bed and a twin bed. The rooms can be joined.
- The cottage sleeps 4, has a king size bed in one room and a daybed in the living room, which converts into 2 single beds. It has A/C, TV, coffeemaker, refrigerator, shower facilities and a covered lanai.
- All guests have the use of a large closed-in lanai, living room and kitchen in the main house.
- Cable TV, VCR, Wireless Internet access, Gas Barbeque, washer & dryer - just like home!
- We also offer camping facilities
Hale Malu Guesthouse is located on the west side of Molokai at Kalae near Kalaupapa Lookout, 1500' above sea level. The area, 8 miles north of Kaunakakai Town and 2 miles east of the Kualapuu coffee plantation, is cool, lush and green.
The people here are wonderful and the aloha spirit abounds. This will truly be a vacation to remember!!
Your Host - Ilima
Spending winters in Hawaii and deeply impressed by the beauty and friendliness of Molokai, Ilima moved here in 2001. She paints watercolors of Molokai scenes and creates her own line of jewelry.
Her joy is to share the beauty of Molokai's nature with guests.
- Take an ultimate scenic-adventure on sure-footed mules to Kalaupapa National Historical Park
- Hike, Bike, Swim, Horseback Riding
- Golf at the Ironwood golf course
- Visit the Molokai Museum & Cultural Center with its restored Sugar Mill
- Visit the coffee plantation in Kualapuu and try their famous Mocha Mamas
- You will need a rental car for any travel around Molokai
Rates and Policies
- The Lehua and Kukui guest rooms:
$55 per night per room. $50 per night for
3 nights or more.
- The Lookout Cottage:
$80 per night
- 13.4% state taxes extra.
- Discounted rate for single travelers staying 3 days
- We accept cash or traveler's checks. A 50% deposit is
required to confirm a reservation
- Cancellation policy of 7 days.
- Check-in 1:00 p.m., check-out 12 noon (we are flexible
- Inquire about great weekly and monthly rates.